Tuesday, May 13, 2008

MEDIA runs the world

I use the internet everyday. I watch TV and play video games more. My cell phone holds information that I need to live. Without my cell phone, I would be lost. I send/receive roughly 50 texts a day, which takes up atleast an hour out of my day reading and writing them. Yesterday, i made 3 calls, and had my phone rang 4 times, with the duration of the calls taking a half hour from my day. I use my cell phone to check the weather, see scores to games, and get directions to my destinations. It only took me 2 days to beat Block Breaker Deluxe.

When I got home yesterday from class, I sat on my couch in the same spot for near 7 hours and watched whatever was on the television. Whether it be my roommate playing MegaMan7 on Super Nintendo, or watching CashCab, or seeing LeBron and the Cavs beat the Celtics for 3 hours, my life was dedicated to media. After I played a quick game of FIFA, I got in bed and turned on the TV again to fall asleep to. Outside of class, TV is my class. I usually watch CNN to get information about what is going on in the world.

If I can get an internet connection at my house, I'll be on it in a heart beat. I use the internet to check email, go on Facebook, download music, and just fool around. I think the internet is one of the greatest inventions to this world as we know it. Without the internet, people would have limited ways of communication and that would be rough for a lot of people because communicating is important to everyday life. Last night, I got on the internet to order books, check email, and look at CNN.com to read a few things that I didn't have time to watch on TV.

I listen to my iPod the least out of all the sources of media that I use everyday. I listen to it when I am in the gym, in my car, and as an alarm to wake up to in the morning. That's it. I used to play music when I was about to take a nap or go to bed for the night, but I dont find that as useful anymore.

I don't like to read hardcopies of anything (e.g. newspapers, books, magazines) so that is the least likeliest source of media that I come into contact with. The only time I really look at magazine is if it is sitting in the mailbox, or if I am sitting in an airport and need to stay occupied.

Media runs the world as I see it, because anyone you ask will be lying to you if they say they dont use the media for anything. It is hard to imagine a day without some sort of TV show, video game, website, song, or text message.

No comments: